10. Routine--No more lazy days of summer. Every day has a purpose---school, work, chores, homework....I grumble, but the routine really is a good thing. I need to just go with it, take advantage of it.
9. Sweaters and boots--And scarves and gloves and jeans....I love dressing for fall weather!
8. Apples--Honeycrisp is my favorite variety. Yum. If you think you don't like apples, try a honeycrisp. Seriously.
7. Football--Brings back fond memories of football pool sheets and Sundays in front of the television with the gang; rooting for the Cowboys and traveling to Texas for Thanksgiving games. (Go Cowboys!)
6. Halloween--How can you not look forward to the costumes and the candy when you have a house full of kids? I wonder what type of costumes I'll be putting together this year...
5. Backyard fire pit--Hot dogs, s'mores, and happy kids right on the patio.
4. Pumpkins--In the field, on the porch, in a can, in a muffin, in a latte (with spice)....even the color grabs me.
3. Thanksgiving--Food, family, food, holiday, food...did I mention the food? So many great recipes that you only see at Thanksgiving.
2. Cooler temperatures--It's just crisp enough for a kick, but warm enough to enjoy the outdoors. The cooler weather makes for great birthdays, too. The majority of our family celebrates a birthday during this season. (Notice how I sorta doubled up on this one? It's supposed to be a "TOP 10", not a "TOP 11" and I love our Fall birthdays. I couldn't leave them out...)
Pretty colors--Brilliant blues, shocking oranges, rich reds, bright greens, and punches of yellow...my favorite palette.
Sounds pretty all-American, doesn't it?
I guess I'm just a simple girl at heart. :o)
Wouldn't it be great if Fall lasted about 6 months?
* This post inspired by the Writer's Workshop.