What have I been up to, you ask? Well, let me catch you up with a bullet list....
- Mildest.winter.ever. No snow at all. :o( (Everyone needs one good snow...)
- Earliest.spring.ever. My lilies are coming up and the azaleas are budding out. The tree I planted last Mother's Day surprised the heck out of all of us when it popped out a bunch of tiny white flowers a couple of weeks ago. It has looked like a stick since last summer. We thought it was dead, but thanks to my procrastination/lack of motivation, not to mention my dislike of getting my hands dirty....it's ahhh-livvveeeeee. That's the way I garden. I pretty much let the plants have their own way....do their own thing. That's how I get down.
- Everything is covered in pollen; however, my allergies are mild (so far). Could it be the local honey?? Experts say no....
- I spent the entire month of February and first week of March counting down to Spring Break. I thought it was this week. It's next week. The let-down was tremendous.
- I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Fun! I decided to read "One for the Money" after the movie came out. I'm glad I did. I'm on book five. I think it's called "High Five". (For the record, I haven't seen the movie.)
- It's March and I still haven't posted about my 2012 Word of the Year. Who chooses a word and waits until March to mention it?? Me.... Oh, by the way....that's my word. ME. I decided to work on ME in 2012. It's not an easy word, that's for sure. It's a struggle. I hope it's worth it in the end...
- On a happy note, my grandson (Yikes!! GRANDson?!?!) will be here any day now. Of course, I've been saying that for weeks... It will happen eventually. Patience. Must.have.patience.
- Soon I will be wrapping that bambino in this beautiful hand made blankie. Isn't it gorgeous?? My friend, Sheri made it especially for the baby. (She's a sweetie.)
- On another happy note, my son went on a one day field trip to St. Louis with his school last week. He actually had fun! He has Asperger's Syndrome, so just the fact that he made it onto that bus and out of his norm is HUGE. Having fun is icing on the cake. SO happy for him....
- On a very sad note, my niece was born still earlier this month. Her funeral was last week. So very horrible. She was much wanted and will be missed terribly. That's really all I have to say about that. :o(
- This week I will be registering my middle child for high school. (Does that make me sound as old as I think it does?? Probably not as old as the GRANDson on the way, right??) *sigh*
- I will soon be registering my youngest child for Kindergarten. *double sigh* Where has the time gone?????
- Have you ever heard of My Memories? My Memories sells digital scrapbooking software and scrapbooking kits. Their digital scrapbooking software is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I am using it to make my brother a scrapbook of his baby girl's funeral. If you come back tomorrow, you can see my review of the software and get a sneak peek of the pages I've created. Don't miss it---I will be giving away a copy of the software to one of y'all! And for those who can't wait, I will also have a special code that will get you $10.00 off!