As I was thinking about the things that I need to do, I realized that I have a real mish-mash of list items this week. This list is chock-full of Halloween and birthdays! Here's my bare-bones list. I'm not adding the mundane, every day stuff, like daily laundry. That's a given in this house!
- Pick up Halloween candy for the preschool party on Thursday.
- Pick up more balloons for my little one's halloween costume.
- Finish making Cade's costume. Need popcorn!
- Make birthday plans for Jack. (15 on Friday!)
- Do some more work on my blog layout.
- Work on blog posts for my new gig at Deep South Moms!
- I really want to work on the furniture re-d0s I've posted about in previous lists. *sigh* Maybe??
So, what does your list look like this week? Go visit Lisa at Crazy Adventures in Parenting and link up your list!
What's better this time of year than a crockpot full of soup? Need an easy-peasy vegetable beef soup recipe?
(I'm all about shortcuts when it comes to cooking....think Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade on the Food Network!)
- 1-2 pounds of beef stew meat chunks
- 1 large can Spicy V-8 juice
- 1 large can beef broth
- 1 large onion, rough chopped
- vegetables-your choice! You can use canned, frozen, or left-overs.
Lightly flour and season the beef. Sear in a little oil until nicely browned. Add onion.
Pour V-8 and beef broth into the crockpot. Add beef and onion. Add vegetables. I often use canned veggies: corn, carrots, sliced potatoes, green beans, pinto beans, mixed veggies. Use what you have on hand. (Great way to use up the left-overs in the fridge!)
Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours, or until flavors are blended and beef is tender.
Eat with cornbread.
So.....did I find some great Tuesday link-ups or what!?!
Enjoy your Tuesday!